Australian Mathematical Society
The Australian Mathematical Society is the national society of the mathematics profession in Australia.
We promote the mathematical sciences and their applications in Australia.
We represent mathematics, and the interests of mathematics-related professions, to the Australian community and government.
We commit to diversity, access and equity in all our programs and our advocacy.
Our activities reflect the wide-ranging interests of our membership.
We are professional and industrial mathematicians, statisticians, actuaries, mathematics teachers, and undergraduate and postgraduate students.
Amongst us are Fields Medallists, winners of the Prime Minister’s Prize for Science and many Fellows of the Academy of Science.
All our members are passionate about mathematics!
Respect, dignity, honesty and integrity.
Freedom of participation, intellectual pursuit, discourse, and expression, within the bounds of the law and the values of respect, dignity, honesty and integrity.
Equitable and merit-based award, reward, and recognition.
Equality of opportunity regardless of age, race, nationality, gender identity, sexuality, religion, disability, ethnicity, marital status, political affiliation, or culture.
For more information, see AustMS Code of Conduct
- PhD Top-up Scholarships: Ocean and Sea Ice Modelling
- AMSI BioInfoSummer 2021 hybrid conference
- Message from the President – time to renew your membership!
- Postdoctoral Research Associate@USydney – Statistical Modelling
- Postdoctoral Research Associate@USydney – Spectral Theory of Hamiltonian Dynamical Systems
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Pure Mathematics@USydney – Tensor Categories
- Call for PhD Student Research Symposia – Expressions of Interest (EOI)
- 4-year industry PhD scholarship+top-up on online misinformation detection@Uni Adelaide
- Senior Research Fellow or Research Fellow@Curtin University
- PhD top-up scholarship suitable for applied maths/stats@ANU
Benefits of membership
Vitally, your membership ensures that Australia has a strong, diverse mathematical sciences base. Together we maintain and develop the teaching of mathematical sciences at all levels, build Australia’s research capacity, and support the mathematical sciences infrastructure for the sciences, engineering and industry. Our Special Interest Groups create various research communities and our committees encourage grass-roots involvement by motivated members. Our vibrant Women In Mathematics Special Interest Group pursues an exciting and crucial agenda. Personal Benefits of membership include:
- reduced registration fees at the events sponsored by the Society
- access to student support for event attendance
- access to the Society’s Early Career Researcher programs
- access to our conference organisers grants scheme
- reduced subscription rates to our journals
- eligibility to apply for Fellowship or other accreditations
- reduced reciprocal membership of affiliated international societies
- eligibility for our prizes and personal grants
AustMS Twitter Feed
Australian Mathematical SocietyFollow
The Society aims to promote and extend mathematical knowledge and its applications. Parent org of @ANZIAMnews and @WimsigAU Tweets from #Kaurna country