John Nesbit Fellow in Pure Mathematics @UQ
Closing date: 18 November at 11.00pm
Campus: University of Queensland; School of Mathematics and Physics
Remuneration: Level A: $72,144.35–$96,530.67 per annum plus super of up to 17%. The total FTE package will be in the range $84,408.89–$112,940.88 per annum.
Status: Fixed-term position for up to 3 years
The John Nesbit Fellowship in Pure Mathematics will support a recent PhD graduate to lay the foundations for a successful career within or outside of academia. The position is research-focused, with the Fellow expected to dedicate approximately 20% of their time to teaching.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Conduct research in an area of pure mathematics.
- Publish research in high-quality peer-reviewed journals.
- Present research at conferences and seminars.
- Actively participate in the activities of the pure mathematics group within the School; work effectively in a collaborative research environment.
- Contribute to the teaching of mathematics, as directed by the Head of Mathematics.
- Contribute to the supervision of Honours and Higher Degree Research students, as appropriate.
Service and Engagement
- Perform a range of administrative functions in the School.
- Contribute to the processes that enable the academic team to manage the work of the School, including participation in School decision-making.
- PhD in mathematics or a related discipline, awarded no earlier than 01 January, 2019. In exceptional circumstances, such as significant carer responsibilities, an earlier award date may be accepted.
- Demonstrated ability to carry out high-quality research in pure mathematics.
- Track record of publications in internationally recognised peer-reviewed journals.
- Demonstrated ability or potential to teach courses at undergraduate and postgraduate level.
- Ability to work collaboratively and to take initiative and work independently.
- Highly developed interpersonal and written communication skills.
To discuss this role please contact Professor Jorgen Rasmussen via firstname.lastname@example.org.
For application queries, please contact email@example.com stating the job reference number (R-18365) in the subject line.
Apply via this link: Workday