Location: The University of Notre Dame Australia; Sydney campus, School of Arts & Sciences
Employment Type: Level C — Senior Lecturer
Duration: Continuing, Full time
Closing Date: 5 November 2023
The University of Notre Dame Australia is a private Catholic University with over 1,000 permanent staff providing an exceptional educational experience to over 12,000 students across our Fremantle, Broome, and Sydney campuses, as well as clinical schools in Victoria and New South Wales.
- Deliver student focused learning and teaching to undergraduate and postgraduate students in Mathematics and Data Analytics.
- Conduct digital and face-to-face lecturers, seminars, tutorials, workshops and placement supervision.
- Coordinate programs in Mathematics at undergraduate and postgraduate level.
- Provide leadership in the development, review and improvement of programs.
- Encourage and monitor the implementation of approved program regulations, policies and the promotion of the programs.
- Oversee curriculum innovation and content design.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of teaching and research within the discipline of Mathematics, Data Analytics and Computer Science.
- Provide program advice and pastoral care to students.
- Undertake nationally competitive, high quality, and impactful research, and supervise higher degree by research students
- A PhD in Mathematics or related field
- Significant experience teaching in relevant areas, including, but not limited to: Statistics, Algebra, Calculus, Linear Algebra, Discrete Mathematics, Differential Equations and Multivariable Calculus
- Demonstrated teaching excellence with experience in program coordination, curriculum design and accreditation.
- A record of quality research or impactful and industry engaged research in a relevant subject area.
- Proven experience with online or blended delivery
- Experience with mathematical or statistical software
- Academic leadership experience with the ability to effectively mentor other staff.
- Ability to work with students from diverse backgrounds and with diverse skills
- Experience in delivering courses to pre-service high school mathematics teachers.
- Experience supervising postgraduate coursework and HDR students.
- Experience in University committees, including learning and teaching committees.
- Experience collaborating with industry partners.
- Demonstrated ability to attract funding for initiatives related to research or learning and teaching.
How to apply.
Please apply online with a resume and cover letter outlining your suitability for the role.
Applications close 5 November 202