Assistant Professor in Geometry, Analysis, Topology
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
Department of Mathematics
Closing Date: 1st December 2020
We are seeking a new colleague who is passionate about scientific research and education. Our department is looking for a mathematician with a proven expertise in the broad area of Geometry, Analysis, Topology with the emphasis in geometry. This may include (but is not restricted to) Differential Geometry, Geometric PDE’s and Algebraic Topology to name a few.
The appointed candidate is expected to develop her/his own research line in an area of Geometry, Analysis and/or Topology. The position of Assistant Professor is initially a tenure track position for five years. After four years, based on transparent criteria, the tenure decision will be taken. The preferred starting date is on or before September 1, 2021.
The department has a strong desire to hire more female colleagues. Therefore, women are especially encouraged to apply.
The candidate will be expected to
- develop a research line in an area of Geometry, Analysis and/or Topology
- interact with and complement existing research activities in the department (and outside)
- contribute to the teaching of the department, at both the undergraduate and graduate level
- show academic leadership nationally and internationally
- participate in departmental activities and tasks, including writing grant proposals
For more information and to apply, click here.