WIMSIG NEWSLETTER — July 2021
STEM Equity Monitor
The Australian Government Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources has published data sets on gender equity in many areas of STEM. There is data to explore on school education, tertiary education, graduate outcome, and workforce participation.
WIMSIG CONFERENCE 2021
Celebration of Women in Australian Mathematical Sciences
SAVE THE DATE: FRIDAY 1st OCTOBER
A preliminary schedule is now available here. Registration will open soon.
The University of Queensland
- Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Business Analytics (fixed term, 3yrs)
— Closing date: Tuesday 6 July, 2021
Australian National University
- Research Associate/Fellow in the Foundations of Concurrent Systems (fixed term, 2yrs)
— Closing date: Sunday 18 July, 2021
University of Technology Sydney
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Quantum Algorithms (fixed term, 2yrs)
— Closing date: Tuesday 27 July, 2021
La Trobe University
- Lecturer in Secondary Mathematics (full time, continuing)
— Closing date: Sunday 1 August, 2021
- Picture a Scientist — Netflix (documentary)
- Ms. Categorized: Gender, notability, and inequality on Wikipedia, SAGE Journals — June 27, 2021
- The Gendered History Of Human Computers, she — June 22, 2021
- Why mentoring for women risks propping up patriarchal structures instead of changing them, The Conversation — May 24, 2021
- Women’s leadership programs no fix for the glass ceiling, Financial Review — May 16, 2021
- ‘I don’t Study Physics Anymore’: a Cross-Institutional Australian Study on Factors Impacting the Persistence of Undergraduate Science Students, Research in Science Education — April 13, 2021
Have you read an interesting article? Have some news? Have an opportunity available?
Please send items to WIMSIGfirstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Newsletters are published on the 1st day of each month (or soon after). The deadline for submitted items is the 27th day of each month.
To keep in touch in between newsletters, follow @wimsigAU on Twitter.