Research Associate or Research Fellow in Statistical Modelling @Macquarie
Location: School of Mathematical and Physical Sciences, Macquarie University
Employment Type: Full time
Duration: 3-year fixed term appointment
Remuneration: From Level A Step 6 (PhD required) $97,621 to $104,622 p.a. or Level B from $110,274 to $130,472 p.a., plus 17% employer’s Superannuation and annual leave loading.
Closing Date: 11:59 pm; 8 November 2022
About the opportunity
This role is open to application by statisticians or data scientists who have a strong research interest and growing reputation in statistical modelling or cognate fields with demonstrated interest in interdisciplinary and/or applied research. The successful candidate will support the research of Professor Samuel Muller, Head of School, and will collaborate with members of his research group, located at Macquarie University and at two other Australian universities.
The successful candidate will be expected to make a vigorous contribution in one or more of the following research areas and contribute to the supervision of PhD and MRes research students as well as assist and/or lead statistical consulting activities:
•Variable selection and inference for statistically challenging data, including for longitudinal, clustered and correlated univariate and multivariate responses;
• Investigating theoretical properties of regularization methods in various asymptotic scenarios and improving these methods by learning from resampling-based stability information;
• Developing model visualisation methods to enable interactive and dynamic model building;
• Robust selection and estimation in regression type models;
• Classification and improved prediction methods for multiplatform data;
• Devising statistical methods for the analysis of multi-layered and structured data in bioinformatics, microbiome and neuroscience applications
How to apply
Learn more about this position and apply https://mq.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/CareersatMQ/job/Wallumattagal-Campus-North-Ryde/Postdoctoral-Research-Fellow-or-Research-Fellow-in-Statistical-Modelling–Level-A-or-B-_R000009353-1.