About the Gazette
The online version of the Gazette is registered as ISSN 1326-2297.
The printed version is registered as ISSN 0311-0729.
The Gazette is published in five issues each year. Deadlines for contributions are:
1 February for No 1 (March)
1 April for No 2 (May)
1 June for No 3 (July)
1 August for No 4 (September)
1 October for No 5 (November)
Contact the editors to negotiate an extension if required.
The Gazette seeks to publish items of the following types:
- Reviews of books, particularly by Australian authors, or books of wide interest
- Classroom notes on presenting mathematics in an elegant way
- *Technical, peer reviewed papers by invitation only
- Items relevant to mathematics education
- Letters on relevant topical issues
- Information on conferences, particularly those held in Australasia and the region
- Information on recent major mathematical achievements
- Reports on the business and activities of the Society
- Staff changes and visitors in mathematics departments
- News of members of the Australian Mathematical Society
Local correspondents are asked to submit news items and act as local Society representatives.
Material for publication and editorial correspondence should be submitted to the editors.
*Please note that in accordance with a decision of the AustMS Council, the Gazette will no longer accept technical, peer reviewed papers unless they are by invitation.
The Gazette follows policy established in Vol. 1, No. 1 and reiterated in Vol. 14, No. 1.
The individual subscription to the Society includes a subscription to the Gazette. Information concerning membership may be obtained from the Treasurer, or from any of the local Society correspondents.
Non-members and institutions may subscribe to the Gazette. Please consult the latest journal price list.
The advertising rates for the Gazette, as of January 2008 are,
AUD$210 for a half page (black and white)
AUD$420 for a full page (black and white)
The rates apply to black and white advertisement only. The rates do not attract GST.
The copyright for both the printed and electronic versions of the Gazette is vested in the Australian Mathematical Society. Apart from any fair dealing for scholarly purposes as permitted by the Copyright Act, no part of the Gazette may be reproduced by any process without permission from the Treasurer of the Australian Mathematical Society.