Closing date: 31 May 2023
Campus: University of Sydney, Discipline of Business Analytics
Remuneration: $37,207 (indexed yearly) per annum
Status: 3.5 years with possible 6 month extension
The PhD Scholarship in Mathematical Optimization within the Discipline of Business Analytics at the University of Sydney will support an outstanding research student to undertake doctoral studies in mathematical optimization.
Potential research topics will be on mathematical optimization broadly defined, and could include theory and algorithms for continuous optimization, stochastic programming, robust/distributionally robust optimization and data-driven optimization, with applications to machine learning, statistics, finance and economics.
The scholarship includes tuition and a living allowance of up to $37,207 (indexed yearly) for up to 3.5 years, with the possibility of a six-month extension subject to approval.
- be a domestic or international student
- have an unconditional offer of admission to undertake PhD on a full-time basis at the University of Sydney Business School
- hold an Honours degree (First Class) or a First Class Honours Equivalent Degree or a Master’s degree with a substantial research component in a relevant area of study
- be willing to conduct research under the supervision of Dr Nam Ho-Nguyen.
How to apply
We invite applicants to send the following material via email to:
Dr Nam Ho-Nguyen (email@example.com):
- An up-to-date CV/resume.
- Copies of academic transcripts.
- Name, affiliation and email of two academic referees. We will notify applicants before contacting referees.
- (Optional) A short (2 page maximum) statement of purpose.