We’ve listed ones we’ve noticed with authors at institutions in Australia and New Zealand. Feel free to send more to the webmaster.
Teaching articles in the AustMS Gazette
- Talking Teaching (A link to the entire issue of the Gazette), March 2018
- Talking Teaching, November 2017
- Talking Teaching, September 2017
- Talking Teaching, July 2017
International Journal of Mathematical Education in Science and Technology (2019)
- C Tisdell: Tic-Tac-Toe and repeated integration by parts: alternative pedagogical perspectives to Lima’s integral challenge, online 27 May 2019.
- G Woolcott, D Chamberlain, R Whannell & L Galligan: Examining undergraduate student retention in mathematics using network analysis and relative risk, 50:3.
International Journal of Research in Undergraduate Mathematics Education (2018)
- Kontorovich, I. (2018) Tacit Models that Govern Undergraduate Reasoning about Subspaces 4:393.
Teaching Mathematics and its Applications (2018)
- Peter K Dunn, Margaret F Marshman (2019): Teaching mathematical modelling: a framework to support teachers’ choice of resources. hrz008
Teaching Mathematics and its Applications (2018)
- Michael Dzator, Janet Dzator (2018): The impact of Mathematics and Statistics Support at the Academic Learning Centre, Central Queensland University. hry016
- Sergiy Klymchuk & Kerri Spooner (2018): University students’ preferences for application problems and pure mathematics questions. hry014
- Christopher C Tisdell (2018): On mnemonic instruction and the SHIELDS acronym in the pedagogy of first-order differential equations. 38:2.
- Peter Maclaren, David I Wilson & Sergiy Klymchuk (2018): Making the point: the place of gesture and annotation in teaching STEM subjects using pen-enabled Tablet PCs. 1:5.
International Journal of Mathematical Education in Science and Technology (2018)
- JC Ponce Campuzano, AP Roberts, KE Matthews, MJ Wegener, EP Kenny & TJ McIntyre: Dynamic visualization of line integrals of vector fields: a didactic proposal. Online 21 August.
- Christopher C. Tisdell: On Picard’s iteration method to solve differential equations and a pedagogical space for otherness. 50:5.
- Bing Hiong Ngu: Solution representations of percentage change problems: the pre-service primary teachers’ mathematical thinking and reasoning. Online 19 July 2018.
- Christopher C. Tisdell: Critical perspectives of the ‘new’ difference equation solution method of Rivera-Figueroa and Rivera-Rebolledo. Online 20 June 2018.
- S Trenholm, B Hajek, CL Robinson, M Chinnappan, A Albrecht & H Ashman: Investigating undergraduate mathematics learners’ cognitive engagement with recorded lecture videos. Online 12 April 2018.
- Leanne Rylands & Don Shearman: Mathematics learning support and engagement in first year engineering. Online 22 March 2018.
- Christopher C. Tisdell: Pedagogical alternatives for triple integrals: moving towards more inclusive and personalized learning. Online 8 December 2017.
- Juan Carlos Ponce Campuzano, Kelly E. Matthews & Peter Adams (2018): On the use of history of mathematics: an introduction to Galileo’s study of free fall motion. 49:4.
- Simon Green, Susan McGlynn, Deidre Stuart, Paul Fahey, Jim Pettigrew & Peter Clothier (2018): Assessment of numeracy in sports and exercise science students at an Australian university. 49:4.
- Sitti Maesuri Patahuddin, Indira Puteri, Tom Lowrie, Tracy Logan & Baiq Rika (2018): Capturing student mathematical engagement through differently enacted classroom practices: applying a modification of Watson’s analytical tool. 49:3.
- Michelle Dunn, Birgit Loch & Wendy Scott (2018): The effectiveness of resources created by students as partners in explaining the relevance of mathematics in engineering education. 49:1.
International Journal of Mathematical Education in Science and Technology (2017)
- Deborah King, Cristina Varsavsky, Shaun Belward & Kelly Matthews (2017) Investigating students’ perceptions of graduate learning outcomes in mathematics. 48:sup1.
- C. S. Ormerod & M. Nelson (2017) Controlled release drug delivery via polymeric microspheres: a neat application of the spherical diffusion equation. 48:8.
- Yvette L. Everingham, Emma Gyuris & Sean R. Connolly (2017) Enhancing student engagement to positively impact mathematics anxiety, confidence and achievement for interdisciplinary science subjects. 48:8.
- Farzad Radmehr & Michael Drake (2017) Revised Bloom’s taxonomy and integral calculus: unpacking the knowledge dimension. 48:8.
- Sergiy Klymchuk (2017) Puzzle-based learning in engineering mathematics: students’ attitudes. 48:7.
- Christopher C. Tisdell (2017) Improved pedagogy for linear differential equations by reconsidering how we measure the size of solutions. 48:7.
- Farzad Radmehr & Michael Drake (2017) Exploring students’ mathematical performance, metacognitive experiences and skills in relation to fundamental theorem of calculus. 48:7.
- C.C. Tisdell (2017) Alternate solution to generalized Bernoulli equations via an integrating factor: an exact differential equation approach. 48:6.
- Julia Novak, Barbara Kensington-Miller & Tanya Evans (2017) Flip or flop? Students’ perspectives of a flipped lecture in mathematics. 48:5.
- Christopher C. Tisdell (2017) Rethinking pedagogy for second-order differential equations: a simplified approach to understanding well-posed problems. 48:5.
- Barbara M. Johnston (2017) Implementing a flipped classroom approach in a university numerical methods mathematics course. 48:4.
- D. P. Igoe, A. V. Parisi & S. Wagner (2017) Students as toolmakers: refining the results in the accuracy and precision of a trigonometric activity. 48:4.
- Chris Tisdell & Birgit Loch (2017) How useful are closed captions for learning mathematics via online video? 48:2.
- Warren Lake, Margie Wallin, Geoff Woolcott, Wendy Boyd, Alan Foster, Christos Markopoulos & William Boyd (2017) Applying an alternative mathematics pedagogy for students with weak mathematics: meta-analysis of alternative pedagogies. 48:2.
- Peter K. Dunn, Sharn Donnison, Rachel Cole & Michael Bulmer (2017) Using a virtual population to authentically teach epidemiology and biostatistics. 48:2.
- Steven Carnie & Anthony Morphett (2017) Subject design and factors affecting achievement in mathematics for biomedical science. 48:1.
International Journal of Research in Undergraduate Mathematics Education (2017)
- Pfannkuch, M. & Budgett, S. (2017) Reasoning from an Eikosogram: an Exploratory Study 3:2.
International Journal of Innovation in Science and Mathematics Education (2017)
- Anderton, R., Hine, G. & Joyce, C. (2017) Secondary School Mathematics and Science Matters: Academic Performance for Secondary Students Transitioning into University Allied Health and Science Courses. 25:1.