Burnet Institute, Melbourne
Closing date: Tue, 17 Aug 2021 11:59pm Australian Eastern Time
Are you an early career researcher eager to undertake real-world mathematical modelling projects in infectious diseases and global health? This could be the role for you!
A unique opportunity exists for a Mathematical Modeller to join Burnet’s Modelling & Biostatistics team. Join an innovative team that is developing and applying epidemiological and costing models around the world across a range of disease areas including COVID-19, HIV, TB, malaria, viral hepatitis, maternal and child health.
This is an exciting chance for you to:
- Contribute to the development and application of epidemic and economic models to address major public health issues
- Work with a globally based team of expert modellers, epidemiologists, economists, health and policy specialists, and computer scientists to improve models
- Undertake modelling and analytical support that will be provided to governments, policy makers, and other partners including the World Bank, Global Fund, and international health agencies, to improve health budget investment towards better decision-making and impact around the world
- Apply innovations and analytical skills to ensure high quality deliverables in a fast-paced environment
- Contribute to and produce policy briefs, presentations, scientific papers and technical reports
Refer to the attached position description for full details.
This is a full-time position, initially for a 2-year period with the possibility of extension. Work from the comfort of your own home or join us in the office, location is flexible!
Full details and application form at this link.