- An opportunity now exists to join RMIT’s School of Science and contribute to the teaching and research growth within the Mathematical Sciences Discipline, in the School of Science and specifically within the fields of statistics and analytics.
- 1 x Full time, ongoing appointment based in the City campus (in Melbourne)
- Remuneration at Academic Level B ($100,465- $119,304) or Level C (123,070 – $141,912) + 17% Super
- Applications close on Wednesday, 16th of February 2022.
As a Statistics and Analytics Lecturer/Senior Lecturer, you will contribute to the School’s research efforts by producing high quality research publications, submitting competitive grant applications, and supervising research students in postgraduate research programs. In this role, you will maintain and advance your scholarly research and professional capabilities relevant to this discipline and actively promote the discipline by establishing and sustaining links with academic, industry, and professional communities.
The expected roles the applicant could engage in are broad in scope, but we encourage applicants to apply if they have an interested further developing and\or have research experience within the areas of machine learning and/or data mining.
Furthermore, this role will see you:
- Being responsible for carrying out teaching activities within undergraduate, Masters and Graduate Diploma programs
- Improving and providing best-of-class student experience by teaching team to enhance the teaching and course offerings within the Statistics and Analytics programs; including participating and taking initiative in the development of online courses
- May also be responsible for course coordination.
For further information about this position, please see Position Description at the application page or contact Professor Andrew Eberhard, Assistant AD – Mathematical Science at firstname.lastname@example.org or Professor Asha Rao, Associate Dean – Mathematical Science at email@example.com.