Location: School of Mathematics and Statistics, The University of Sydney, Camperdown Campus
Employment Type: Full time until 22 December 2023
Duration: fixed term
Remuneration: Base Salary $100,032–$108,979 + 17% superannuation
Closing Date: 11.59pm; 20 March 2023
• Exciting opportunity to facilitate and deliver mathematics and statistics learning support for students at the University
• 2x Full-time, fixed term until 22nd December 2023
About the opportunity
As a Learning Success Adviser (Mathematics), you will help develop, deliver, and evaluate mathematics and statistics learning support initiatives for all students at the University.
As a subject matter specialist, you will collaborate in the development and implementation of learning support initiatives, including student-centred learning design, personalised and adaptive support offerings, through a variety of delivery modes such as face to face, online, blended, hybrid and peer-facilitated.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
• work within a dynamic team, reporting to the Learning Hub Lead
• deliver learning support & training activities to students, peer-facilitators, & staff for up to 20 hours a week
• work collaboratively with the Learning Hub Lead and team of Learning Success Advisors, Educational Designer, and colleagues across CET + Learning Hub
• contribute to and engage actively with the mathematics and statistics learning community beyond the University to further the reputation of the University in the field
• provide specialist guidance and support to relevant stakeholders in the library, relevant faculties, Educational Innovation, Student Life, and the wider Education Portfolio
• help students to develop their confidence in mathematics and statistical skills, enhancing their experience and supporting fuller participation and success in relevant units of study.
• post graduate qualifications and/or relevant work experience in a related field
• a strong background and experience in tertiary mathematics and/or statistics
• experience in teaching and learning in a tertiary environment, with an emphasis on settings relevant to mathematics and statistics support
• experience in developing and facilitating high-quality, innovative programs to support mathematics and statistics learning in a higher education environment
• experience using learning analytics to inform learning design, support student progress and monitor student outcomes
• experience using innovative educational technology platforms to facilitate mathematics and statistics support to diverse cohorts of students
• theoretical and practical understanding of effective educational practice in the post-entry, higher education space, including the use of educational technologies.
This will be a continuing appointment. The successful candidate will be offered a competitive remuneration package commensurate with the responsibilities of the position and the candidate’s relevant experience and qualifications.
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all roles required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
This position is designated as involving child-related work. To undertake or remain in this position, you are required to apply for and obtain a Working with Children Check clearance in accordance with the Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment, or any documents in alternate formats, please contact Kale Claffey, Recruitment Operations by email to email@example.com.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.