vISEC2020 – virtual International Statistical Ecology Conference
Dates: 22–26 June 2020
Online Times: 8–11am & 9pm–12am GMT
Venue: SMC Conference & Function Centre, Goulburn St. Sydney: now virtual
The virtual International Statistical Ecology Conference is a biennial meeting of researchers at the interface between ecology and statistics. At vISEC2020 we have planned an exciting list of keynote speakers that bridge these two disciplines, as well as training opportunities for attendees, a forum for interdisciplinary collaboration, and a healthy dose of fun — all online, via this website!
Home base for the conference will be a Slack workspace, where registered participants can mingle, watch live-streamed talks (and recordings of talks you missed, or want to watch again!), browse poster presentations, interact with presenters and other attendees via text or video chat, plan Special Issue paper proposals, check our twitter stream, or compete at trivia night! There will be two conference sessions each day, no more than three hours in length, set at opposite ends of the Sydney day (8–11am & 9pm–12am GMT) to better align with timezones world-wide.
- Draft Program now available! Speakers should check their details on the program and let us know of any issues by completing this form.
- Registration closing soon! Register before Friday 12 June, 7pm GMT.
- All short courses are now full! But if you register for the conference you can go to the Skills Showcase…
- Call-out for lunchtime round-table discussion topics!
- Training program announced, including Short Courses and a one-day Skills Showcase on the opening day of the conference.
- Christl Donnelly (Imperial, Oxford, UK)
- David Borchers (St Andrews, UK)
- Dianne Cook (Monash Univ.)
- Kiona Ogle (Northern Arizona, USA)
- Mark Bravington (CSIRO)