Conference on the Mathematics of Gauge Theory and String Theory
Dates: 10–12 January 2020 Venue: University of Auckland
This meeting will be focused on recent advances and applications of the theory of quantum fields and strings in pure mathematics.
Hood Public Lecture: 6:00pm on Sunday 12 January 2020
Speaker: Edward Witten (Institute for Advanced Study, Princeton, USA)
New Observations of Black Holes
- Mina Aganagic (Univ. California, Berkeley, USA)
- Stavros Garoufalidis (Georgia Inst. Tech., USA)
- Michael Freedman (Microsoft Station Q, USA)
- Rafe Mazzeo (Stanford Univ., USA)
- Eckhard Meinrenken (Uni. Toronto)
- Clifford Taubes (Harvard Univ., USA)
- Mathai Varghese (Univ. Adelaide)
- Edward Witten (Inst. Advanced Study, Princeton, USA)
Moreover, Edward Witten and Michael Freedman will give departmental seminars on
- Thursday 9 January, from 2–4:30pm: http://pedram.hekmati.se/Auckland2020/Seminars.pdf
- Edward Witten will deliver the Hood Public Lecture on New Observations of Black Holes on Sunday 12 January at 6pm.
deadline is Tuesday 10 December 2019.
Please register and book accommodation early as it is peak season in Auckland.
For further information, including registration, programme, transport and accommodation, see the conference website: http://pedram.hekmati.se/Auckland2020