65th Annual Meeting of the Australian Mathematical Society
Dates & Venue: Tuesday–Friday 7–10 December 2021
Venue: Zoom & University of Newcastle, NSW
- Click here for the interactive schedule. If you log in, you will be able to set your viewing preferences.
- The conference booklet is now available. It will still be updated if there are changes to the schedule.
News & Updates:
- Zoom Events. This conference will use Zoom Events, which works differently to the usual zoom meetings you are used to. The only way to access the talks is via the Lobby, which you can access after redeeming the Zoom Events ticket that you received by email. You should definitely try it out before the start of the conference. For more detailed instructions, see here.
- Email issues. The main email issues have been resolved, but you might still find it useful to visit your MimeCast portal, see this post for more details.
- Details on the face-to-face component and conference dinner are now available on the conference announcements page.
Click here for the official conference website.
View the Master schedule.
- Gang Tian (Peking University, China, and Princeton University, USA)
- Zeev Rudnick (Tel-Aviv University, Israel)
- Emily Riehl (Johns Hopkins University, USA) [Hanna Neumann lecturer]
- Robyn Araujo (QUT)
- Joaquim Serra (ETH Zurich, Switzerland) [ECR lecturer]
- Chris Matthews (UTS) [Dr. Mandawuy Yunupingu lecturer]
- Susan Scott (ANU) [ANZAMP lecturer]
- Jennifer Flegg (Uni Melbourne) [ANZIAM lecturer]
Due to the current uncertainty surrounding COVID-19 lockdowns, this conference will be held in a primarily-online format. This means that all talks will be held in Zoom Events. See here for details on how to join.
There will also be a face-to-face component to the conference on the Newcastle City Campus, where participants can mingle and speakers can broadcast their Zoom talks from lecture rooms in front of live audiences.
A conference dinner will take place on the evening of Thursday 9 December. Participants of the face-to-face meetup and dinner are asked to pay a contribution towards the catering costs.
Registration is now open
Registration will be for the online portion of the conference. Pricing will depend on your membership status and on whether you have research/travel funding:
- Students and unfunded AustMS/ANZIAM/ANZAMP members: $0
- Funded AustMS/ANZIAM/ANZAMP members: $50
- Non-members: $75
- Special offer for those eligible for AustMS reciprocal membership: $74 for registration + two years AustMS reciprocal membership
- Face-to-face catering contribution: $100
- Conference Dinner: $100
- Abstract submissions close: 15 November 2021 22 November 2021. Closed.
- Online attendance registration closes: 7 December 2021
- Face-to-face attendance registration closes: 29 November 2021. Closed.
- Conference dinner registration closes: 29 November 2021. Closed.
Special sessions confirmed thus far:
- Applied and Industrial Mathematics
- Computational Mathematics
- Cryptography, Coding Theory and Related Topics
- Dynamical Systems and Ergodic Theory
- Equity Diversity and Inclusivity in Mathematics
- Geometric and Harmonic Analysis
- Geometry with Symmetries
- Harmonic Analysis and Hyperbolic PDEs
- Indigenising University Mathematics
- Integrable Systems and Mathematical Physics
- Mathematics Education
- Noncommutative Geometry and Operator Algebras
- Number Theory and Algebraic Geometry
- Partial Differential Equations: From Theory to Applications
- Probability Theory and Stochastic Processes
- Representation Theory
- Visualisation and Mathematical Art
There will be an Early Career Researcher workshop on Monday 6 December 2021. Details are on the conference website.
For more detail, see the conference website.
For enquiries please contact Florian Breuer: firstname.lastname@example.org