65th Annual Meeting of the Australian Mathematical Society
Dates & Venue: Tuesday–Friday 7–10 December 2021
Venue: Zoom & University of Newcastle, NSW
Click here for the official conference website.
- Gang Tian (Peking University, China, and Princeton University, USA)
- Zeev Rudnick (Tel-Aviv University, Israel)
- Emily Riehl (Johns Hopkins University, USA) [Hanna Neumann lecturer]
- Robyn Araujo (QUT)
- Joaquim Serra (ETH Zurich, Switzerland) [ECR lecturer]
- Chris Matthews (UTS) [Dr. Mandawuy Yunupingu lecturer]
- Susan Scott (ANU) [ANZAMP lecturer]
- Jennifer Flegg (Uni Melbourne) [ANZIAM lecturer]
Due to the current uncertainty surrounding COVID-19 lockdowns, this conference will be held in a primarily-online format. This means that all talks will be held in Zoom.
Conditions permitting, there will also be a face-to-face component to the conference on the Newcastle City Campus, where participants can mingle and speakers can broadcast their Zoom talks from lecture rooms in front of live audiences. A conference dinner is also planned.
Registration is now open
Registration will be for the online portion of the conference. Pricing will depend on your membership status and on whether you have research/travel funding:
- Students and unfunded AustMS/ANZIAM/ANZAMP members: $0
- Funded AustMS/ANZIAM/ANZAMP members: $50
- Non-members: $75
- Special offer for those eligible for AustMS reciprocal membership: $74 for registration + two years AustMS reciprocal membership
If you do attend the conference dinner, you will be asked to pay an additional fee to cover the dinner. The face-to-face meetup – and the dinner – will be confirmed at a later date, depending on developments.
- Abstract submissions close: 15 November 2021
- Online attendance registration closes: 7 December 2021
- Face-to-face attendance registration closes: 29 November 2021 (subject to confirmation)
- Conference dinner registration closes: 29 November 2021 (subject to confirmation)
Special sessions confirmed thus far:
- Applied and Industrial Mathematics
- Computational Mathematics
- Cryptography, Coding Theory and Related Topics
- Dynamical Systems and Ergodic Theory
- Equity Diversity and Inclusivity in Mathematics
- Geometric and Harmonic Analysis
- Geometry with Symmetries
- Harmonic Analysis and Hyperbolic PDEs
- Indigenising University Mathematics
- Integrable Systems and Mathematical Physics
- Mathematics Education
- Noncommutative Geometry and Operator Algebras
- Number Theory and Algebraic Geometry
- Partial Differential Equations: From Theory to Applications
- Probability Theory and Stochastic Processes
- Representation Theory
- Visualisation and Mathematical Art
There will be an Early Career Researcher workshop immediately before the AustMS21 conference. Details will be announced soon.
For more detail, see the conference website.
For enquiries please contact Florian Breuer: email@example.com