AMSI Summer School 2024
8 January – 2 February | hosted by the Australian National University
Join other honours and postgraduate students, early career researchers and industry professionals in Canberra from 8 January – 2 February for the 22nd AMSI Summer School hosted by The Australian National University (virtual participation also available).
Connect with peers, researchers and potential future employers while developing your mathematical skills. You can even take a subject for credit!
Applicants are strongly encouraged to attend in person to maximise their experience, however, can opt to participate online.
Please note not all elements of the program may be available remotely (e.g. social events, group work etc.)
Subjects for 2024 include:
- A Century of Harmonic Analysis
- Algorithmic Game Theory and Economics
- Bayesian Inference and Computations
- Convex and Conic Optimisation
- General Relativity — sponsored by ANZAMP
- High-Order Numerical Methods for Time-Dependent PDEs
- Hyperbolic Knot Theory
- Machine Learning/Deep Learning
- Prime Numbers in Arithmetic Progressions: Dirichlet’s Theorem and more — sponsored by AustMS