AMSI Summer School 2023
9 January – 3 February | hosted by the University of Melbourne
Calling all honours, post-graduate students and ECRs:
Attend Summer School in Melbourne and get a different view of your mathematical world. Connect with peers, researchers and potential future employers while developing your mathematical skills. Study up to two subjects, and with permission from your home university, you can sit one of these subjects for credit towards your degree! Spend the first two weeks attending classes and activities on-campus at the University of Melbourne before heading home for the final two weeks to complete the program online (virtual participation for all four weeks also available).
Subjects for 2023 include:
- Analysis of finite element methods for incompressible flow and for elasticity equations
- Geometric Group Theory
- Introduction to the modelling of continuous multivariate distributions using copulas
- Mathematical optimisation and modern applications with Python
- Nonlinear partial differential equations and their applications
- Random Matrix Theory in quantum information
- Spatial statistics (presented by Charlotte Jones-Todd, The University of Auckland)
- Stochastic transport modelling
The program also includes participant talks, a Careers Day and Public Lecture on Mathematics and Culture by Prof. Chris Matthews.
Applications close Sunday 27 November – https://ss.amsi.org.au/apply/