The Mathematical Research Institute Oberwolfach (MFO), Germany and the Australian Mathematical Research Institute MATRIX invite proposals for a tandem workshop taking place simultaneously in a hybrid format at MATRIX and MFO in the week of 5-11 September 2021
The workshop is held simultaneously in both locations. At each institute 10-20 participants are possible, who can interact in the usual intense way locally and in addition share a certain number of joint lectures/discussions via zoom (for example Oberwolfach 9-11 am could match up with MATRIX at 5-7 pm). Talks given outside this time slot can be recorded via zoom for viewing by participants at the other institute, but not publicly.
Applications should come with a team of about four organisers including at least two organisers planning to attend in person for each location. Organisers should aim for gender balance. The application should contain:
- Title of the suggested tandem workshop.
- Description of the topic and focus of workshop, recent results, references (4-6 pages).
- The proposed provisional program of the tandem workshop taking into account the different time zones.
- List of 10-20 suggested participants at each institute with names, gender info and affiliation planned for each institute (i.e. two lists of intended invitees; please consider diversity issues of each institute).
- Publication lists of the organizers.
Proposal guidelines: https://www.matrix-inst.org.au/matrix-mfo-tandem-workshop-2021-guidelines/
Please send proposals (pdf-files) by email to the director of MFO and/or upload to the MATRIX website https://www.matrix-inst.org.au/call-for-programs/ prior to the deadline Friday, 15 January 2021.