Reference: Job No.:564040
Work type: Continuing
Location: LaTrobe University, Bendigo Campus — Department of Mathematics and Statistics
Remuneration: Level B: $100,480-$118,659 plus 17% superannuation or Level C: $122,297-$ 140,478 plus 17% superannuation
Closing Date: 11:55pm Sunday, 23 April 2023
About the position
The Department of Mathematical and Physical Sciences is comprised of active teaching and research staff across the broad disciplines of applied mathematics, pure mathematics, statistics, and physics. The department offers undergraduate majors in mathematics, statistics, data science, and physics, and provides many important subjects that are undertaken by students from a diverse range of courses and disciplinary backgrounds (eg. engineering, life sciences, education). Both the school and department foster collaborative projects across disciplines. We are therefore seeking, at either levels B or C, a mathematics/statistics academic or data scientist to contribute to the teaching of our undergraduate subjects in mathematics and statistics and Master of Data Science Online. A Level B or Level C teaching and research academic is expected to contribute to the discipline at the national level. They will develop curriculum, teach and undertake research or other scholarly work relevant to the development of their discipline or professional field.
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this position, you will have:
• Completion of a PhD or equivalent accreditation and standing recognised by the University/profession as appropriate for the relevant discipline area.
• Demonstrated effectiveness in curriculum development and teaching with a commitment to excellence in teaching.
• Demonstrated capacity to provide leadership at course/program/research group or similar level.
• Proven ability to mentor and supervise undergraduate, honour and postgraduate students.
• Strong record of research publication, with appropriate evidence of quality and impact.
• Demonstrated record of achievement as a leading practitioner with a reputation for skills, knowledge and expertise at a state/national level.
•¨Success in obtaining research funding from grants/contracts/consultancies.
• Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team in a co-operative and collegial manner.
Overseas applications are being accepted
Please refer to the Position Description (found here) for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
How to apply
Position Enquiries: Narelle Brack Hiring Manager via email email@example.com
Recruitment Enquiries: Vicki Stavrou, Senior Talent Acquisition Business Partner, Email firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone 03 9479 5191
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
• Cover letter;
• an up-to-date resume; and
• a separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.