Lecturer in Mathematics @Macquarie
Location: School of Mathematical and Physical Sciences, Macquarie University
Employment Type: Full time, continuing
Salary package: Level B from $110,274 to $130,472 per annum, plus 17% employer’s superannuation and annual leave loading.
Closing Date: 11:59 pm; Sunday 5 March 2023
About the opportunity
- Excellent research and collaboration opportunities
- Progressive flexible working arrangements
- Supportive and collegial work environment
We are looking to appoint an outstanding early career academic with expertise in one of our current areas of strength in Mathematics and to contribute across research (40% of their time), teaching (40%) and service (20%) in this balanced academic position. Current areas of strength in pure mathematics include category theory, geometric analysis and harmonic analysis, and analysis of partial differential equations; while in applied mathematics, areas of strength include dynamics, waves and mathematical modelling. The successful candidate will have potential to grow the reputation of the mathematics discipline at Macquarie University.
To be considered for this position, candidates must attach to their application a document responding to the selection criteria below, together with a copy of their curriculum vitae.
• A PhD in Mathematics, or related field
• Demonstrated commitment and capability in delivering high quality and innovative teaching at undergraduate and postgraduate levels
• Demonstrated ability in outstanding research in mathematics that aligns with School research areas, as evidenced by independent or lead-author publications in top tier journals
• Potential to secure research grant support from external funding agencies
• Potential to successfully supervise graduate students and mentor research students and early career researchers
• Experience of teaching university-level Mathematics units similar to those offered by the School
• Willingness to contribute to all activities of the School, including in service and leadership
• Strong communication skills including the ability to work effectively and collaboratively with key internal and external stakeholders
• Demonstrated success in obtaining research funding
The School of Mathematical and Physical Sciences was formed in January 2021 and represents a continuation of the traditions of the disciplines of Applied Mathematics, Astronomy, Physics, Pure Mathematics and Statistics at Macquarie University. This position is part of our strategic investment in the area of Mathematics.
Macquarie is a university engaged with the real and often complex problems and opportunities that define our lives. Since our foundation 57 years ago, we have aspired to be a different type of university. Over the years, we’ve grown to become the centre of a vibrant local and global community. Connect with us today.
Macquarie University’s goal is to increase the proportion of women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, and diverse peoples of all backgrounds in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics and Medicine (STEMM) roles. Applications are considered holistically, and candidates are encouraged to apply even if they may not feel strong on every individual selection criterion. For more information, please visit our Equity, Diversity and Inclusion page https://staff.mq.edu.au/work/diversity-inclusion.
How to apply
Learn more about this position.
Enquiries: Professor Samuel Muller, Head of School at firstname.lastname@example.org
Job URL link: https://mq.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/CareersatMQ/details/Lecturer-in-Mathematics_R000010406-1.